Local Limelight: Weeklyish Articles Of Interest
Go Green Tips
1 of 4
Americans everywhere are taking simple steps to go “green” and help preserve our Earth. You may not realize it, but there are so many easy ways to reduce your carbon footprint on our Planet.
Replacing plastic or paper bags with a reusable bag, like a Goody Green Bag, is one easy way to make a difference. While this simple change can certainly make an impact, reusable bags cannot single handedly save our environment. That's why it's important to be aware of daily tasks that are harmful to the environment, so each individual can do their part to contribute.
From April-July, Goody Green Bag will give unique tips for a person in any shade of green. By practicing one more tip, we take one more step in our Greenhood.
Shopping & Lifestyle
- Americans throw away 100 billion plastic grocery bags each year, so switch to a reusable bag, like Goody Green Bag for all your shopping needs!
- Produce at farmers' markets isn't shipped hundreds or thousands of miles, therefore less fuel is burned in getting it to you, so shop locally!
- Buying dry foods in bulk will save money and helps by putting less packaging in the trash.
- Digital cameras generate far less waste than disposable cameras. Additionally, you will not waste paper and money and chemical on shots you do not want.
- Do as many bank transactions as possible by electronic means. You will be saving paper, stamps and a trip to the bank.
- Carpool whenever possible. Try grocery shopping and sharing a ride to the store with a neighbor.
- Reuse sandwich and freezer size plastic bags whenever possible. Wash them out after each use and use them again rather than dispose of them.
- If we each recycled one newspaper a week, about 36 million trees a year would be spared. Making recycled newspaper takes half as much energy as producing virgin newsprint.
-------These Green Tips were brought to you by Goody Green Bag-------
Keeping the Earth Green…..One Bag at a Time