Sign Up  |  Log In 
 Portland Area's Green-Leaning Community


FIND GREEN BUSINESSES


keywords
(Try quotes for simple phrases. "green girl" vs. green girl)


Portland area zip

cat




New Businesses!
Watch Our Grassroots Grow!





Bookmark and Share this page
<<   October 2012   >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
   

Click on a date above, or
See full calendar
Add an event

What can be improved upon on this website?
 

GREEN FOCUS: Cool Things That Are Green

Summer is here time to lose the bottle
8/09/2011

With warmer weather,, people tend to drink more water even though we should all drink plenty of water every day of the year. Portland Pure Water would like to see you get rid of disposable plastic water bottles whenever you can. From the 5-gallon water cooler type down to the single serve size. Did you know that in many cases, the water is simply tap water from another city and that in order to be called/ classified as “spring water” it only has to contain 5% actual spring water; the other 95% can be from a tap. Please consider using a “bottle-less” water cooler at your work place and bring reusable water bottles to consume your water. Plastic bottles are choking our planet. In the US alone, 60 million bottles go into landfills every day. Portland needs to join other cities and lose the bottle.

What should you look for in a “bottle-less” water cooler? Make sure the filters actually block out what they need to. Most filters are 5, 3 or occasionally a 1-micron in membrane size. While these block out the larger pieces of sediment, rust and reduce the chlorine taste, they DO NOT block out E.coli, Giardia, H1N1, Hepatitis, etc. The filters must be a minimum of .1 micron to do their job. Also, if the water is filtered correctly, it will become acidic and void of certain key elements such as antioxidants, calcium and magnesium. Make sure your system re-balances the pH level and re adds the key elements found in pure water. Also, make sure your system is installed by a licensed plumber and that all installations are done to code.

Portland Pure Water offers a great alternative for NW business. Bottle-less water coolers that offer filtered then purified pH-balanced water at a much lower cost than bottled water. Please visit portlandpurewater.com for more information.





YOU MUST LOGIN OR REGISTER IN ORDER TO REVIEW THIS ARTICLE


Other User's Reviews
There are no current reviews for this article.
GreenPosting Ads

Green Living Journal Online
Click this to read Portland-Vancouver area info for helping the environment
ColumbiaRiverPress
.com


Landscape Design
If you are not ready for Spring. It is not waiting for you. We can help you get ready.
winterbloominc.com


GlutenFreePDX
Restaurant Listings, Maps, Reviews, Health Tips and More in a Well-Designed, Local Website!
GlutenFreePDX.com

GreenPosting Ads

Take a shower and help plant a tree!
Superb Organic Soap. 15% discount on all web orders. Use coupon code "greenposting".
oregonsoapcompany.
com


Advertise with GreenPosting
Get your business seen by thousands of local, green-minded consumers!!
GreenPosting.org

Giggles the Green Bean
Green Children's Book. Fun Story. Educational. Great Illustration. PDX Author.
GigglesTheGreenBea
n.com


GreenPosting Ads

Dehydrated & Freeze Dried Food
Get your emergency food storage locally, both dehydrated & freeze dried foods.
healthyharvest.com